Exemplory case of comparison essay the theory is that of literature: the essential difference between classicism and sentimentalism
Literature is a unique kind of art that can help to comprehend the present-day history also to know the way the main tendencies of social development in the past were formed.
Talk about formation of designs at the start of essay
The looks of classicism, which developed in Western European culture at the end of the seventeenth century, determined the ideological content of literary works, the strict system of poetic rules together with maxims of plot construction, reflecting the thought of orderliness and perfection of this universe, nature and culture.
The “sensitive” literature of sentimentalism that emerged within the last half associated with eighteenth century was meant to teach and educate on examples and pictures that cause empathy, which awakens high feelings, guided by the indisputable fact that all evil could be overcome.
Inside our literary works up to the beginning of the XIX century, classicism and sentimentalism developed, complementing one another and pursuing exactly the same goal: to make society perfect, by affirming the logical principles of morality and also the rules of human behavior. Ways to achieve this goal within the philosophy of classicism were understood to be the assertion associated with the supremacy of order, form, hierarchy and were centered on an obvious division of creative styles and genres. The theorists of classicism paid unique attention to drama and poetry. Epic poems and tragedies where the foundation for the plot has become important historical occasions, and actors – the gods and strongest for this world, demanded a lofty poetic composition, ruled spatial turns. They were caused by the “high” genre.
The spoken language and stylistically lowered images could simply be contained in satires, fables and comedies, which fixed this is of “low” genres. Obligatory observance regarding the unity of time, place, action and rules of constructing tragedy and drama with publicity, zygote, growth of action, culmination and resolution limited the chance of stage-based discovery of images, but emphasized the inviolability of order, the bond of cause and effect, clarity expression of the primary idea of the task. Sentimentalism allowed more freely to make use of the means of artistic expression. Attention to household details, a description of emotional experiences, the image associated with the inner realm of guy and their closeness to nature demanded and new literary forms. The epistolary genre, sentimental novel, travel notes come in the literary works. The introduction of sentimentalism greatly expanded the possibilities of artistic prose and managed to get more democratic: the eye of both writers and readers ended up being the fate of an ordinary person, clear, close, causing interest and compassion.
In closing of essay give brief comparison of designs
Thus, the difference between classicism and sentimentalism can be follows:
- The subject of the image within the works of classicism are essential, meaningful events that determine the fate of somebody who is obliged to obey the founded purchase as well as the determined length of events.
- Within the center of attention of article check for plagiarism writers – sentimentalists – the inner realm of heroes, with the capacity of deeply feel and experience.
- Classicism is just a literary trend where the basis for the artistic technique could be the division of works into “high”, “medium” and “low” genres.
- Sentimentalism doesn’t have such a division, because its task is to teach the sensory faculties, using an array of visual method for this purpose.
- The main genres of classicism are the epic poem, tragedy, ode, drama, heroic story, comedy, satire and fable.
- Genres attribute of sentimentalism are a definite novel, letters, diaries, travel notes.
- Classicalism argued educational some ideas on the basis of the subordination of personal feelings of debt to society.
- Representatives of sentimentalism considered the inner realm of heroes as a harmonious whole.
- They thought that educating a single individual, you are able to increase the whole society.